Book: Chubby Learns to Fly by John Hazell and James Adams (Illustrator)categories: Book, Kids, Fiction, Learning, Bedtime Story, Illustrated Children's Book
John Hazellabout this book: Chubby Learns to Fly is about a young bee's first day at school. Hopefully it will inspire youngsters to try something new even though they might have some fears about it.
• What inspired you to write this book?
I was inspired one day, lying in my garden, by watching a huge bumblebee land on a flower and nearly knock it to the ground. As I was watching the bee I became fascinated by its determination and we began to have a conversation. Before he left, the idea of Chubby was born.
I spent the next couple of years with a friend of mine, James, the illustrator for the book, to create a story around this little adventure that I had with the bee in the garden. Myself and a few other friends bounced ideas around until we created a wonderful story about Chubby's first day at school.
• Who are the primary readers of your book?
We wrote the book for the 4-8 age group.
• What do you want to say to your readers?
It was a labour of love and we hope that your kids thoroughly enjoy it (maybe even yourself).
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Don't Think You Can't (How to turn kids fears into success skills) by Anat Umanksy|
• Book Review: Your Special Place - Beautiful illustrated picture book for kids (You are Not Alone 3) by Sagit Cohen|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|