The Famous Union by Michael Meyercategories: Academia, Catch-22, Funny Fiction, Contemporary Fiction, Humorous Fiction, Comic Fiction, Humorous Novels
Michael Meyerabout this book: Famous Union is a pretty little college with expensive fountains, cute coeds, and brand new artificial turf on the football field. It seems like the perfect place to work, but not all is as it seems, especially when bungling administrators create theater-of-the-absurd conditions in this once very proud institution of higher learning. Hampered by severe budgetary problems, the powers-that-be at Famous Union College create situations that bring about comical chaos for faculty and students alike. How will the often eccentric characters cope with the drastic changes suddenly thrust upon them, where compromise is a four-letter word? Famous Union College is a place where what is what is not.
• "College life as we never knew it. The plot is quick and will entertain at every turn."
— Albert Robbins III, FREE BOOK REVIEWS
• "The Famous Union is a comedy romp through the halls of academic insanity - and presents a school whose motto is 'just wait until next year.' Readers - especially those familiar with academic ironies - will find it filled with fun!"
— MBR BOOKWATCH
• "The characters are all interesting and well developed - and many would be great study cases for a psych major."
— HAMPTON REVIEWS
• "The fast-paced, laugh-out-loud funny, upbeat writing style instantly drew me in and never let go."
— Donna Johnson
• "A fast-paced and frequently hilarious tale of life in academia, Michael Meyer's The Famous Union actually reminded me a little of Tom Sharpe's Wilt, with one important exception: I actually found The Famous Union to be funnier, more biting and more inventive."
— Indie Book Spot
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Michael Meyer
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video: Author Michael Meyer reads the first chapter of his rollicking romp through the halls of academia,THE FAMOUS UNION
• Book Review: High in School by Salman Aditya|
• Book Review: Destinies of the Rich & Famous - The Secret Numbers of Extraordinary Lives by Richard Andrew King|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|