Book: Mother Teresa's Advice for Jilted Lovers by Donna Barkercategories: Book, Chick Lit, Women's Fiction, Quirky, Murder, Suspense, Canada, Prison for Women, Psychic, Serial Killer, Mystery, Crime, Humor
Donna Barkerabout this book: Every time Tara Holland thinks she's getting close to finally having her white wedding, the man who should be on his knee, giving her roses, winds up on his back, pushing up daisies.
When a toaster explodes and kills Tara's live-in boyfriend, she is devastated. When a bookshelf lands on her next lover's head while he sleeps, she is crushed. But when paramour number three falls to his death two days after buying her a toothbrush, Tara gets scared.
She can't believe that she has anything to do with the deaths. But, it's hard not to see a pattern. Hoping to re-direct her apparent out-of-control, killer psychic abilities, Tara and best friend Betsy launch a business to help women get out of dead-end relationships.
Whoever coined the phrase, "What could possibly go wrong?" never met this twenty-first century, Thelma and Louise.
• 1st Place winner for best Mystery/Suspense in the 2015 Chanticleer Chatelaine Awards, recognizing emerging new talent and outstanding works in women's fiction and romance novels.
• "Donna Barker's dark humorous novel has a fresh, snarky voice that will leave readers laughing out loud and turning pages right until the end." — Eileen Cook, multi-published author
• "Best friends Tara and Betsy's journey toward psychic enlightenment is a hilarious, terrifying and heartwarming roller-coaster ride." — Jacqui Nelson, award-winning author
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Red Rover, Perdition Games by L.E. Fraser|
• Book Review: To Catch A Creeper by Ellie Campbell|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|