Book: A Standard Journey - 5 horses, 2 people, and 1 tent by Jackie Parry
|4.3 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Jackie Parryabout this book: We're ordinary people, but we tend to do extraordinary things.
So, when we rescued five Standardbred horses and set off into the Australian bush with our entire belongings on horseback, we worked hard but didn't think it was too sensational.
But we couldn't have been more wrong. What took place between human and horse still makes us cry, laugh-out-loud, wince, and cherish. I'm in company of the physical pain, even today; the emotional ride will never leave me.
But it was magic and together we witnessed a miracle.
What started as a fun adventure turned into a remarkable story of friendship, endearing trust and bonds that were so fierce they'll make your eyes water.
This will stay with you for a long time.
I donate 50% of all profits from this book to horse/animal charities. I'm not rich, just passionate about horses.
The title relates to the horses being Standardbreds - a breed used for trotting and pacing in Australia.
What they're saying:
• 'A story that shows how two people continue to discover new strengths in each other through the most dire circumstances.'
• 'A hauntingly beautiful book.'
• 'A story that will resonate with any animal lover, any adventurer, and anyone who enjoys reading about ordinary people achieving truly extraordinary things.'
• 'The humour and humbleness makes this such an enjoyable read.'
• 'She conveys her story with searing honesty.'
• 'This will stick with readers for a long time.'
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Jackie Parry
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Gidget --The Horse I Didn't Own (The Burton's Farm Series Book 3) by Vicky S Kaseorg|
• Book Review: Horses - A Religion by Stephen Place|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|