Book: Venice in the Moonlight by Elizabeth McKennacategories: Book, Eighteenth Century, Venice, Casanova, Murder, Suspense, Art, Hea, Love, Historical Romance
Elizabeth McKennaabout this book: Set in 1753, "Venice in the Moonlight" tells the tale of a wealthy rake who becomes a better man through the love of a young widow. It's a story filled with suspense, intrigue, murder, romance and love.
Before I set the plot of my novels, I pick a locale that I find romantic and then read the history of the city. For this novel, I also read Casanova's memoirs (who was not as nice as the movies make him out to be) and the book "A Venetian Affair" by Andrea Di Robilant. I added Casanova as a minor character and used some of his experiences in the book.
I hope you will give my story a try. I love feedback – good or bad – so please write a review or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• "Absolutely loved this book! It's a historical, a mystery and a romance that peaks over and over again with every chapter."
— Literary Chanteuse
• "This book has all of the elements that I look for in a good novel—romance, suspense, unresolved sexual tension and most importantly, love…Venice in the Moonlight is a book that I could see myself reading again and again."
— Liz on The Hive blog
• "I will be looking at more of McKenna's pieces for sure because she writes with wonderful imagery (which I am always a sucker for) and realistic characters that I kind of wish I could see again."
— Sammy the Bookworm blog
• "Venice in the Moonlight" was chosen as Best Historical Romance 2013 by the book review blog Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book!
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Venice in the Moonlight by Elizabeth McKenna
• Book Review: Once Upon a Time in Venice by Monique Roy|
• Book Review: Desperate Pursuit in Venice by Karynne Summars|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|