Book: War's Last Dance by Julia Underwoodcategories: Book, History, World War II, Romance, Adventure, Families, Women, Historical Romance
Julia Underwoodabout this book: It is 1946. The war is over, but there are still battles to be won before the players can pack up and go home.
After five years apart Bill and Isabel are re-united in devastated Berlin. In the struggle to rediscover their love for each other they encounter unexpected dangers. Surrounded by threats from all sides Isabel's resouces of courage and loyalty are called upon when their four year old daughter is mysteriously abducted. Isabel discovers new loyalties in the days before the mystery is resolved and she can start a new life.
Extracts from Amazon reviews:
• "Exhilarating read from start to finish. Underwood brings her characters to life and weaves a story which keeps the reader engaged."
• "...Completely immersive."
• " ... A thoroughly enjoyable read, hard to put down. The right combination of history, crime and romance."
• "...beautifully crafted by the author."
Most of the facts for this book came out of my head, from memory, because the book is based on real events. My father was an intelligence officer in Berlin after the war. I hope that the book gives an insight into what it was like in defeated Germany in 1946, a period of history which is not often written about.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Julia Underwood
• Book Review: Vanished in Berlin by Gry Finsnes|
• Book Review: Legends Live On - Vietnam War, Desert Storm, and Berlin Wall Eras by Richard Samuel Baty|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|