Book: The Unraveling of Lady Fury by Shehanne Moorecategories: Book, Privateers, Fortunes, Sex Rules, Genoa, Dukedom, Kidnapping, Historical Romance
Shehanne Mooreabout this book: Can a man and a woman find each other again when the stakes are mountain high and the hurts scar as deeply. Widowed Lady Fury Shelton thinks her plan to guarantee her future by producing an heir, is foolproof until her ex privateer lover, James Flint Blackmoore sails back into her life and blackmails her into choosing him. Fury would rather rot in everlasting hell than do it, so she concocts a set of ten bedroom rules to stop herself wanting the thing he will never give her. His heart. Can such rules be broken and love triumph in these circumstances?
My primary readers are obviously women but some men have read it and rather liked Flint. Written in three months, I just made it up as I went along from the basic idea of the past being the kind of territory we can find ourselves ambushed by again and a woman doing this to free herself from being a pawn in a world dominated by men, position and money. The hardest bit was probably choosing a title and trying to imagine myself in 19th century Genoa where it is primarily set. What I really want to say to readers is that love, even when we believe it has gone, is always possible.
• 'Ms Moore just broke the horizon on the historical romance genre.' — Incy Black, Amazon.com
• 'Brilliantly drawn characters, stellar writing. emotional journey. SIX STARS if I could' — Book Reviews and Peeks, Amazon.com
• 'I was immediately caught up in the smouldering passion of Lady Fury and her Flint and the mysteries surrounding their previous relationship. The battle of wills that keeps their passion unfulfilled also keeps the reader enthralled from chapter to chapter.' — Amazon.com
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Faith Hope & Fury (Faith Hope & Fury Trilogy Book 1) by Laura Ann Antonelli|
• Book Review: Lionel's Grand Adventure (Lionel and the Golden Rule) by Paul R. Hewlett|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|