Book: No Gentleman Is He (Sons of Liberty) by Lynette Willows, Carley Bauercategories: Book, American, Revolutionary, Horses, Plantations, Carley Bauer, Historical Romance
Lynette Willowsabout this book: In 1775 America, tensions between Colonialists and Loyalists escalate. When Colton Rolfe, a member of the notorious Sons of Liberty, meets a woman he suspects is an English loyalist, he can't reconcile those suspicions with his growing emotions of love and lust whenever he sees her.
Cassandra Brooks is the daughter of an English titled aristocrat. On arriving in the New World, she immediately falls in love with the land, and the man who embodies the independent spirit of the American people. The problem is, he doesn't trust her. In a time when neighbor fought neighbor, and families were split apart, can Cassandra gain the trust and the love of a savage, hardened man determined to fight and kill to keep his independence?
In these troubled times in the U.S., co-authors Carley Bauer and Lynette Willows felt it was time to go back to the roots of this great nation, and relive how we achieved great things against overwhelming odds. We have had both women and men praise the research, which was extensive by resourcing the latest publications from reputable sources, and the action in this Historical Romance that engages everyone. The title, "No Gentleman Is He" came about when one of the minor characters attempted to warn our heroine, Cassandra Brooks, from taking a very scandalous proposal of employment from Colton Rolfe, a man with a fearsome reputation in Colonial Virginia, stating "No gentleman is he, my dear".
Exciting, suspenseful, historic; though a romance, there is battle action real enough to please even the men in our readership and the women will delight in the romance that prevails. There is no dull spots in this co-authored book, and if you skip over it, you miss a lot!
• "It had everything you want and more. A beautiful love story and an exciting book, you really feel for these people in those times. I can't wait to read the next one!!"
• "(My wife) assured me the book had enough of both to please any reader. Let me say, I wasn't disappointed. It has a cast of characters, both main and secondary, whose personalities are so well defined and consistent from beginning to end that I found myself feeling at times, I was eavesdropping on the action from somewhere in the scene."
• "This was such a terrific story with strong characters and an accurate story line. I felt as if I was there living in those exciting, yet hard times, when this country began its journey to independence. It really retells the American history."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: A Standard Journey - 5 horses, 2 people, and 1 tent by Jackie Parry|
• Book Review: Gidget --The Horse I Didn't Own (The Burton's Farm Series Book 3) by Vicky S Kaseorg|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|