Book: The Year of the Horsetails by R. F. Tapsellcategories: Book, War, Adventure, Eastern Europe, Action, Medieval, Slavs, Avars, Late Antiquity, Mongols, Military, History, Historical Fiction
Christopher Posnerabout this book: An Epic tale of warfare in Early medieval eastern Europe: a renegade nomad warrior defends a sedentary Slavic People against invasion from a ruthless nomadic empire, facing hostility and treachery from many of the people he is trying to protect. His knowledge of nomadic warfare proves invaluable to him, and he also falls in love with a Byzantine girl brought up among his allies. The author is an expert on Slavonic languages and history.
• "An exceptional literary and historical feat. ...a well-loved, classic historical novel" — IP Book reviewers
• "Much of the novel is devoted to battle scenes, and these are superb ... This is a wonderful read." — Historical Novel Society
• "A lost Masterpiece!" — Greg House
• "Very well written and very good timing in the story line - Absorbing reading and read the book very fast" — David Halahan
• "From the start the story holds the reader and continues right throughout" — Colin Easton
• "The Year of the Horsetails" is a historical fiction novel that surely belongs to the list of timeless classics. There has been a lot of speculation about the time frame of this story and it. This is a book that not only provides the reader with important lessons in history, it is also a highly entertaining read." — Readers Favorite
• "The story grabs the reader's attention from the very first page of the Prologue and keeps it throughout the book as the tension mounts and you want to know what happens next." — Online Book Club
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Kingdom of the Jax (Inspector of the Cross) by John B. Rosenman|
• Book Review: Inspector of the Cross by John B. Rosenman|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|