Book: The Girl on the Mountain by Carol Ervin
|4 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Carol Ervinabout this book: As a reader, I love fiction that expands my understanding of other people, places, and times. As a writer, I wanted to give that experience to other readers. Complex characters interact in The Girl on the Mountain, my first published novel, and readers are saying they like even the bad ones. The story takes place in and around a gritty West Virginia logging town in 1899. I loved learning about the 19th century logging industry and researching details of the period. But history is not the subject--it's only the background of a universal story of human desire.
• "… extremely well-written, heartfelt and moving, but more than that, it's real Literature with a capital L, full of double-entendre, subtle symbols and clever metaphors. No word is used at random; even a seemingly casual reference to books recently published can be tied to the overall meaning of the novel…" — Amazon customer review by Max Zaoui
• "I recommend this book to anyone because it has everything - romance, action, mystery. WARNING be ready to put off your work or lose some sleep once you start reading!" — Lorrie Croston on Facebook
• "I liked the suspense and the feel of how different life was 100 years ago, yet so similar at the same time." — Amber Gatewood Kelley, Facebook
• "… a beautifully written book that hit the nail right on the head for me. It will grab you and wrap you up in its' characters lives." — Kelly Bracey, Goodreads
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Visit related websites:
• Book Review: When Dreams Do Come True by Florence Witkop|
• Book Review: On Viney's Mountain (Cumberland Mountain Series Book 1) by Joan Donaldson|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|