Book: Life's Rhythms by Vickie Johnstonecategories: Book, Poems, Verse, Poetry, Nature, Life, Love, Memories, Dreams, Longing, Images, Inspiration, Haiku
Vickie Johnstoneabout this book: Life's Rhythms is a collection of 316 haiku.
The poems are composed in a three-line, 5-7-5 syllable pattern. Their subjects include: nature, life, food, animals, loss, love, longing, hope, the seasons, dreams and time. Sometimes I've just imagined a character in a certain scene or leaves falling, or small things like that. I only began writing haiku in earnest last year when I came across someone's site, where you could write some verses according to their prompts. That sparked a little obsession with haiku. All of the poems were written from 2011-12.
• "I feel the trees swaying, birds and squirrels playing. Reading her poems was like that, inspiring, heartfelt and full of wonder." — Patricia Kemp Blackmon
• "There are bits of sad reality mixed in with joyful beauty to form little threads of reflections on life. Some of them I found profoundly and beautifully sad." — Ed Drury
• "Vickie's words are picturesque. I could 'feel' the rain as it fell on the leaves and remember how green smells when the rain touches the earth." — Ey Wade
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Vickie Johnstone
• Book Review: Song of Every Season by Linda Swift|
• Book Review: Love - 70 poems about love in the world by Tammy Ruggles|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|