Book: Orangeroof Zoo - A Chronicle for Colorists - A Fable Found in the Pages of a Coloring Book by Mary Oglecategories: Book, Coloring Book, Magical Realism, Fantasy, Adult Coloring Book, Zoo, Animal, Nature, Epistolary, Correspondence, Picture Book, Graphic Novel
Mary Ogleabout this book: What would you do if you received a mysterious postcard from a person you've never heard of summoning you to the site of an abandoned zoo? This is the story of L, who said "yes", and Z who dared to ask. Told through a series of beautifully illustrated correspondence, Orangeroof Zoo immerses the reader in a world where gates, castles and bridges appear or not at random intervals. Animals roam the zoo paths freely, often willfully disobeying the laws of nature and physics. Each page is an invitation to color – the audience invited to take part in the tale by taking up colored pencil or pen and adding their own creative touch to the construction of a unique work of art.
Orangeroof Zoo began life as a coloring book for adults. As I drew I made up stories in my head about each animal that appeared. Two distinct voices emerged and bantered back and forth about the adventures they were having and the relationship they were growing. I wrote down what they said.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT ORANGEROOF ZOO:
• "While I read the story through to the end when I first received the book, now as I slowly color, I am savoring the imagery as the story comes alive again and again." – M.K., Amazon customer
• "Mary Ogle has raised the bar for coloring books by serving up a delightfully whimsical mystery story to flesh out the themes of the illustrations." – Amazon customer
• "I would recommend this book to anyone, especially those going through a healing process. As the mystery unfolds, it becomes clear that your inner child is calling you to come play in the garden, or in this case, the zoo." – M.T., Amazon customer
PREVIEW THE FIRST FEW PAGES OF THE BOOK
FREE COLORING PAGES
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Orangeroof Zoo - A Chronicle for Colorists by Mary Ogle
• Book Review: Mystical Mantras Coloring Book by Nathalie Thompson|
• Book Review: Peacemaker - An Adult Coloring Book by Angela E. Powell|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|