Book: Return to Me by James Oliver Frenchcategories: Book, Tragedy, Gay Romance, Coming of Age, Mystery, Romantic Suspense, New Adult, Amateur Sleuth, Death, First Love, Tragic, Amnesia, Gay
James Oliver Frenchabout this book: Return to Me is a novel that breaks from convention. When readers pick up a book about two young men falling in love they automatically assume that the story will follow the same old MM romance formula, but Return to Me follows none of those rules. It's literary fiction, which straddles genres. The story begins as a lighthearted romance, but the reader always knows that something dark is going to tear the two lovers apart, it's only a matter of time.
Will the narrator, Todd, ever solve the mystery of Kyle's sudden and heartbreaking disappearance?
The hardest part of writing the book was putting the final chapters in words. The last few lines of the novel still bring me to tears, even after reading the book a dozen or so times.
The story is not for readers who need a rose-tinted, heart shaped, ribbon wrapped happy ever after. It's heartfelt, brutal, and gut-wrenching at times, but no two characters have ever shared such an undying love for one another as Todd and Kyle.
• "A powerful, off the grid and fascinating read."
- 5 ★★★★★ from The Novel Approach
• "I didn't know just how much I was going to end up loving James Oliver French's debut novel, despite how much it shattered my heart into little pieces."
- 5 ★★★★★ from Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
• "... one of the best I have read this year and there have been quite a few to choose from."
- 5 ★★★★ from Multitaskingmamma
• "This author has written one of the most brilliant and heartfelt stories."
- 5 ★★★★★ from Gay Media Reviews
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by James Oliver French
• Book Review: The Pebble Champion by A. D. Pritchard|
• Book Review: A Flare In The Dark by J.A. Leggitt|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|