Book: Collins Street Whores by Peter Ralphcategories: Book, White Collar Crime, Suspense, Fraud, Corruption, Finance, Financial, Stock Broker, Murder, Coercion, Extreme Violence, Revenge, Deception, Financial Thriller
Peter Ralphabout this book: Nearly every country in the world has its own smaller version of Wall Street. In Australia, it's Collins Street, Melbourne, home to the nation's most influential lawyers, financiers, accountants, merchant bankers, and stockbrokers. Some would say that there are more criminals in Collins Street than in all the country's prisons, but that's another story.
When the young and attractive Carmen Minelli wins a senior position with a blue chip Collins Street stockbroker, she thinks that she's struck pay dirt. She soon finds the firm is not what it appears to be, and becomes suspicious. As she peels the layers away, she finds herself being drawn into a web of fraud, blackmail, coercion and murder.
After Carmen discovers she has been employed to take the fall for a massive corporate fraud she is frightened, but takes decisive action. Will it cost her, her life?
• 'A fascinating story involving the mystery and intrigue surrounding the Australian version of Wall Street.' — Jane. H.
• 'Good book. Easy reading. Interesting twist. The book started off being dull but picked up and finished strong.' — Frank Laudadio
• 'On the whole this book was a brilliant read.' — Pauline
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Peter Ralph
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Blood Gold in the Congo by Peter Ralph|
• Book Review: Fog City Fraud by Peter Ralph|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|