Book: The Chamber - Twin Worlds Trilogy by Dominic H. Kingcategories: Book, Travel, Sorcery, Swords, Young Adult, Adventure, Mage, Orc, Dwarf, Troll, Elf, Family, Fantasy
Dominic H. Kingabout this book: The inspiration for writing my own fantasy novel came from Tom Lloyd's Stormcaller. But not in the way you might expect.
I am a huge lover of fantasy - I was brought up on Redwall, Duncton Tales and the Hobbit and moved on to His Dark Materials, Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings - but for me, Stormcaller was just too far removed from 'reality'. I managed 100 pages then gave up, convinced that I could write something better.
Five years down the road and I found a publisher willing to give a young(ish) author a shot. 'The Chamber' is the first volume of the 'Twin Worlds' trilogy, told in alternating chapters from the point of view of a boy, Kal, and a girl, Daine.
So far, the feedback has been good (see below). But I leave it up to you, the reader, to tell me whether I achieved my aim. Is it better than Stormcaller?
• "The action had me holding my breath at times."
• "King demonstrates the rare ability to explain the principles and etymology of an alternate world within the natural flow of the story."
• "The world created by Dominic King is rich and well described, the travels of Kal and Daine full of action."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: War of the Black Tower - Part One of a Dark Epic Fantasy Trilogy by Jack Conner|
• Book Review: EVERWUD - The TREE, The BOY & The DOG by Marilyn Dieckmann|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|