Book: The Legend of Arkahd: Book of Aerefel by David Glenn Goodyearcategories: Book, Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Epic, Fantasy
David Glenn Goodyearabout this book: This is a fantasy, action, adventure story with some science fiction elements. It tells the story of Thadian the greatest hero of the Kolahran people. We begin with his early life and all the difficulties and joys of coming of age in a challenging environment. Along the way he meets and makes friends and enemies that shape his future and the future of the world he inhabits.
• I have always wanted to write a novel since I was a young boy and was inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien "Lord of the Rings" and Richard Adams "Watership Down" and Frank Herbert "Dune".
• I hope my novel(s) have a little bit for everyone however it is principally a fantasy, action, adventure, epic fiction with science fiction elements.
• The title was inspired by the central theme of the book. The overarching controlling force in the book is known as Arkahd and in this particular case a subordinate influence of the spirit of Aerefel which is supposed to reflect moral goodness.
• The cover was created solely by me to reflect the theme of this "Book of Aerefel". We see one part of the Triadicus which plays and important part throughout the series and the reader is introduced to it at the end of this novel. The back cover if it is visible depicts the Kolahran landscape as Thadian first sees it upon his arrival.
• I found editing the hardest part. Deciding what to keep and what to do away with along with fixing numerous errors was quite challenging.
• I learned from writing this book that it is very much like climbing a mountain. It is a lot of hard work and time consuming but when you finish and reach the top there is a sense of satisfaction like no other.
So I hope everyone enjoys it. It is very much a labor of love.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Visit related websites:
• Book Review: The Greatest Knowledge of the Ages Anthology - Unlocking Ancient Mysteries by M.G. Hawking|
• Book Review: Grist Vergette's Curious Clock - The Great Adventure is About to Begin... by David Carter|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|