Book: The Return by Christy Newmancategories: Book, Christian, Quest, Clean Fiction, Clean Fantasy, Young Adult, Fantasy
Christy Newmanabout this book: The Return is a clean Christian fantasy fiction novel with a thread of salvation. The story is of a 17-year-old young woman who finds herself in a desperate situation in which she has lost not just her family, but her entire village. In her quest for help she meets a powerful image-bearer of The Creator who decides to take up her cause and that of all of Terion.
About the author -- Christy is homeschooled. She loves the Lord, writing, music, horses, cats, and art. This young author draws, paints, and is learning to play the piano. She won the 6th Annual Authors for Literacy short-story writing competition in April 2015.
The Return was written over a three-year period just for personal reflection but then Mom and Dad read it and wouldn't let up about publishing it. Since horses play a large role in my life, they are incorporated in the book and on the cover, representing good and evil. The most difficult thing about the process is letting others read the work, as each character represents something from my own personality. I always research a great deal when writing any novel because accuracy is important to me.
• I read it again and again. This book is inspiring; the descriptions of beautiful places are amazing, as well as the feelings of the characters are so clear you feel you know them and feel what they are feeling.
• This is a riveting story concerning the most important topic we will ever be faced with, God's grace verses Satan's oppression. Keep your eye on her future books. KG
• Although I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and flow of the book, what caused me to really enjoy it was the characters. When it ended I was disappointed to not be following their lives any more.
• I enjoyed the pacing and could hardly put the book down. The descriptions in this book are vivid and beautiful, which made me feel as if I were there.
• The Return is a tale of salvation in a fantasy setting that will please many. The story was good and the author's descriptions brought forth beautiful imagery.
• The characters were interesting and the setting descriptions vivid. The storyline kept my attention all the way through, with adventure, flashbacks, character development, and empathy.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Christy Newman
• Book Review: Talwan's Vengeance (Turn of the Tides Book 1) by Christy & Sarah Newman|
• Book Review: Gift of the Seekers (Turn of the Tides Book 2) by Christy & Sarah Newman|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|