Book: Tiger House - The First Chronicle of Jairus Tanner (The Chronicles of Jairus Tanner Book 1) by Wendy Scottcategories: Book, Asian, Magic, Dragons, Games, Fantasy Adventure, Swords and Sorcery, Dark Fantasy, Tigers, Fantasy
Wendy Scottabout this book: Survival. Magically snatched from his homeland Jairus is thrust into life and death challenges that he is ill equipped to survive. The Ten Houses pit contestants against each other, their lives forfeit as their captors strive to win the Dragon Sceptre. The fates of Jairus' loved ones are dependent on him winning against impossible odds. How can a farm boy prevail against trained warriors and a vindictive sorceress? How can he ever find his way home?
• "Amusing and tense in turns. A gripping read."
• "A fast moving story left me eager to read more, kept me wondering the whole way through - would he win and return home? Would his woman still be waiting for him?"
• "A ferociously good story of mayhem, murder, an evil woman, and a peasant boy who finds inner strength and wisdom while struggling to stay alive in a wicked place. Scott has invented a world the reader will completely believes exists—dragons and all."
• "Well written and fast paced, the author has packed the pages with equal parts political intrigue and hold-your-breath action. Recommended for series fans and anyone who loves a highly imaginative story that never slacks."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Wendy Scott
• Book Review: Fantasy Firsts by Wendy Scott|
• Book Review: When Dragons Die (The Scrolls of Exodoria Book 2) by Mark Franzosa|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|