Book: Fantasy Firsts by Wendy Scott
|4 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Wendy Scottabout this boxed set: Three first books, from three different fantasy series, by author, Wendy Scott.
Ferrasium, Book 1, The Windflowers Trilogy.
Set in a land reminiscent of the Pharaohs. If Kalli cannot escape the fighting pits of the Ferrasium who will save her younger sister from the same fate?
• "The rich depictions of an Egyptian type world are dazzling to read, you get so immersed in this world it's almost jarring when you put the book down.
• I thoroughly enjoyed this story and will be getting the other books a.s.a.p.!"
Lodestone, Book 1, The Witch-Hunt Series.
Over 50 5* Amazon US.
Sabrina, as the last descendent of Lauren the Destroyer, is the only one who can nullify the Lodestone and restore magic, but there's an army standing in her way.
• "Wow. What a story, I cried so many times, not just a few tears, at one stage I had to stop reading because it became too much for me. The loss of a loved one in the book was so real and raw; that it felt as if the authors own experiences had been pasted in this book."
• "Fast and furious with a very strong opening. The writing style was very attractive and I enjoyed the descriptions of the characters; I think, perhaps, the author put a lot of work into them. There is never a dull moment and, all in all, it's a page-turner. Enjoy!"
Tiger House, 1st Chronicle of Jairus Tanner.
Betrayed. Kidnapped. A farm boy mistaken for a warrior. Jairus must survive the Emperor Games or his loved ones will be slaughtered by the war dragons.
• "Well written and fast paced, the author has packed the pages with equal parts political intrigue and hold-your-breath action. Recommended for series fans and anyone who loves a highly imaginative story that never slacks."
• "Tense and amusing. A gripping read."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Wendy Scott
• Book Review: Ferrasium. (The Windflowers Trilogy) by Wendy Scott|
• Book Review: Golden Scarab (The Windflowers Trilogy) by Wendy Scott|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|