Book: The Sea Inside (Cerulean Songs) by Vickie Johnstone
|4.7 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Vickie Johnstoneabout this book: Book 1 in the Cerulean Songs series.
Time is all we have; it flows – it cannot stop.
The Sea Inside is a fantasy adventure that revolves around the heroine, Jayne, who is sixteen. She wakes up from a coma in hospital to find her life changed by an accident. Visited by a mysterious woman, Jayne receives a gift that opens a portal to a mystical realm. There follows many trials and tribulations on the way to finding herself and her true heart's desire.
I started writing this book in 2009, and kept getting stuck. Usually, I write without an outline and I couldn't think where to take the plot, so the story got abandoned for a while. I added bits over the years, eventually finishing it this year. Horrah! For the first time I had three beta readers, because I was not confident about the book. Their reviews are below. And the beautiful cover photo is by Maja Dražić.
• Nickie Storey: "A delicious brew of invention, enchantment and refreshing characters, Vickie Johnstone has a firm grasp on the fantasy genre. I can't wait to read more of her work!"
• Greta Burroughs: "Strange worlds, interesting characters, suspense and a surprise ending – what more can you ask for? This book has it all and more."
• Jennifer Thomas: "A gripping and fascinating mythical adventure that is beautifully described. There is suspense, fear and emotion throughout the entire novel that makes you want to keep turning the page."
Jayne concentrated on getting better. The dark mood that she had found herself in grew steadily lighter and she pushed her memories of the blue city to the back of her mind, dismissing them as dreams, which would gradually fade with time. That was her hope, for while she slept her mind wove images of the sea, accompanied by the echo of the whales and a tall man whose hair was the colour of the darkest waves. He was always there, not far away it seemed, thus was the lucidity of her sleeping life.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Vickie Johnstone
• Book Review: Midnight Oil (The Witches of Galdorheim Series) by Marva Dasef|
• Book Review: Songs of the Osirian by Christopher D. Abbott|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|