Book: The Silver Spoon by K. T. Archercategories: Book, Lizzy Wallace Series, Southern Writer, Cancer, Alzheimer's, Greed, Fiction, Drama, Life Issues, True-to-Life, Family Drama
K. T. Archerabout this book: Who brings a shopping cart to a funeral? The heartless and greedy!
Awarded Editor's and Reader's Choice, The Silver Spoon, book one of three in the Lizzy Wallace series, is a tale of how death effects family members in different ways. Lizzy is overwhelmed as she's caring for a mother who is dying of cancer and a grandmother with Alzheimer's. Unwilling to help, the rest of the family is using their time wisely, taking inventory of what they want to plunder once death arrives.
As life fades from her mother, so does the last ounce of loyalty of her family. Two days following the funeral, the will, which hasn't even been opened yet is being contested by the greedy and Lizzy is being sued for material possessions along with guardianship of her grandmother because she may have some monetary value.
What no one knows is Lizzy's mother had foreseen what her daughter was going to be facing and had already put an ally in her corner...her estranged father.
• "Every family has one you know...the one who is more concerned with the "stuff" than the dear, sick family member! I loved this book and highly recommend it to others!"
— Amazon reader review
• "The Silver Spoon by K. T. Archer is a delightfully poignant story that will have readers lining up for her next book. Someone with a tremendous amount of storytelling ability and skill has obviously written this book."
— Writer's Digest 20th Annual Self-Published Book Awards 2012
• "I've known folks like these characters all my life, and seeing how the main character dealt with the illnesses of her mother and grandmother, and continued to stand up for what was right against thoughtless family members intrigued me."
— Amazon reader review
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: The Silver Spoon by K. T. Archer - Recorded during a promotional event for the Editor's Choice Award winning Southern drama
• Book Review: Family Secrets by Donna M. Zadunajsky|
• Book Review: Tickles Tabitha's Cancer-tankerous Mommy by Amelia Frahm|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.