Book: Elvis From One Fan to Another - The Interactive Elvis Book by Robert Theisen
|5 stars, 1 review on Amazon|
Robert Theisenabout this book: Elvis Presley died on August 16, 1977, but even after all this time his popularity remains strong. 600,000 people visit Graceland every year. Elvis' movies (though many are considered substandard in quality) are still all in print and have created a fan base that is generations wide. I was raised in a home where Country and 1950s Rock and Roll music was enjoyed all the time. The first 8-track tape my parents bought was "Blue Hawaii." I have spent the last 37 years studying Elvis and collecting Elvis memorabilia and records. "Elvis From One Fan To Another" is the first fully interactive Elvis book featuring hundreds of links, videos, and photographs. There are even three different online trivia tests that the reader can access. This eBook also contains a detailed account of Elvis' life, music and career. Special care was taken in designing this book. I (Robert Theisen) created the entire book including the cover, graphics, and photography. I wrote this book as a tribute to Elvis and his fans. I hope this book will introduce me to other Elvis fans and I encourage you to please contact me with your comments, suggestions, and questions. I also designed and built the web site for the book. Highlights of the book are:
• Did you know that Elvis met President Nixon?
• Did You know that Elvis met Led Zeppelin twice?
• Did you know that Elvis met the Beatles?
• Did you know that Graceland was not Elvis' only home?
• Did you know that Elvis collected law enforcement badges and actually pulled a 747 over on the runway and searched the plane for someone who had stolen from him?
• Did you know that Elvis holds the record for the most gold and platinum albums to any single artist (and he gets more every year)?
• Did you know that Elvis met Buddy Holly before Buddy became famous and toured regularly with Johnny Cash?
Other topics and trivia you will find interesting:
• Elvis' phenomenal recording and acting career.
• Elvis was the first performer to be broadcast via satellite all over the world.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Rock Music in American Culture - The Sounds of Revolution, 2d ed. by Robert G. Pielke|
• Book Review: Wishing You Were Here Deluxe Edition by Catherine Chant|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|