Book: Learn About Elk by Roland Cheek
|5 stars, 2 reviews on Amazon|
Roland Cheekabout this book: Elk Hunting 101 - 201
Elk hunting is something I take seriously. Having been a hunting guide for over 20 years I qualified to write the ultimate guide book. What I wasn't qualified to do was properly title the book. I took an excerpt from within the book, one that refereed to an individual elk located on a small creek in south central Montana. The Phantom Ghost of Harriet Lou. I fell in love with that bull, and when the book received rave reviews from newspapers, magazines, and loyal readers I was on cloud nine. Then I realized my error. No one could find it. Bookstores shelved it in the kids ghost section. The title failed to indicate what the book was about. I bit the bullet, hired a cover designer, and retitled the book, using skills learned from many a good professor but ignored.
The new cover and title, Learn About Elk will make a debeau in digital format August 20, 2013.
Too honest to deny its roots in hunting, but too human to be contained by its limits. Learn About Elk is a full-life tale about one of North America's most mesmerizing creatures: the wild wapiti. It's a book for those who care about wildlife of all kinds, to understand grazers and carnivores, mosquitoes and hop toads.
• A Graduate Course in What Makes Elk Tick
• Discover the key to finding elk with or without a guide
• Hone your techniques with keen insights into habits and habitats
• Learn the places elk use each season of the year
• Prepare for traveling in elk country with practical equipment
• Understand that God made elk to lead we humans into some of His finest places.
Now from a happy reader, how-be-it, read from the print version still available on Amazon or my web site.
• "I have just finished The Phantom Ghost of Harriet Lou. Wow! It was wonderful! I was transported from my stateroom aboard a destroyer to the wilderness I traveled as a teenager. Your tales were well told, enlightening and dead on the money". — Joel Stewart / USS Fife Dd99I
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Roland Cheek (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Warriors of the Wilderness (The Wilderness Series Book 4) by Pamela Ackerson|
• Book Review: Time Gap - What happens when past and present collide? (Airy and Fehin Book 2) by Nikki Broadwell|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|