Book: Learn About Elk by Roland Cheekcategories: Book, Elk Habitat, North American Elk, Rocky Mountain Elk, Bob Marshall Wilderness, Bob Marshall Elk, Colorado Elk Hunting, Idaho Elk Hunting, Oregon Elk Hunting, Earl the Elk, Wapiti, Elk Hunting
Roland Cheekabout this book: Elk Hunting 101 - 201
Elk hunting is something I take seriously. Having been a hunting guide for over 20 years I qualified to write the ultimate guide book. What I wasn't qualified to do was properly title the book. I took an excerpt from within the book, one that refereed to an individual elk located on a small creek in south central Montana. The Phantom Ghost of Harriet Lou. I fell in love with that bull, and when the book received rave reviews from newspapers, magazines, and loyal readers I was on cloud nine. Then I realized my error. No one could find it. Bookstores shelved it in the kids ghost section. The title failed to indicate what the book was about. I bit the bullet, hired a cover designer, and retitled the book, using skills learned from many a good professor but ignored.
The new cover and title, Learn About Elk will make a debeau in digital format August 20, 2013.
Too honest to deny its roots in hunting, but too human to be contained by its limits. Learn About Elk is a full-life tale about one of North America's most mesmerizing creatures: the wild wapiti. It's a book for those who care about wildlife of all kinds, to understand grazers and carnivores, mosquitoes and hop toads.
• A Graduate Course in What Makes Elk Tick
• Discover the key to finding elk with or without a guide
• Hone your techniques with keen insights into habits and habitats
• Learn the places elk use each season of the year
• Prepare for traveling in elk country with practical equipment
• Understand that God made elk to lead we humans into some of His finest places.
Now from a happy reader, how-be-it, read from the print version still available on Amazon or my web site.
• "I have just finished The Phantom Ghost of Harriet Lou. Wow! It was wonderful! I was transported from my stateroom aboard a destroyer to the wilderness I traveled as a teenager. Your tales were well told, enlightening and dead on the money". — Joel Stewart / USS Fife Dd99I
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Roland Cheek (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Warriors of the Wilderness (The Wilderness Series Book 4) by Pamela Ackerson|
• Book Review: Long Lost Neighbors by Frances Hoelsema|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|