Book: Easy eBook Publishing by Barney Schwartz
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Barney Schwartzabout this book: Version 2.5 UPDATE :Adds detailed step-by-step instructions and graphics for using Open Office with Luca Calcinai's wonderful Writer2ePub extension to automatically convert you .odt file into an ePub document. Now with the advent of KF8 Amazon accepts ePub documents as source for you book. To me this is now the most cost effective and efficient means of getting your book out to the public.
Building an eBook is no longer the domain of computer geeks, html experts, php gurus, or the major publishing houses. Now in a few easy steps anyone with a computer and access to the internet can build their own eBooks. You don't need to spend a lot of money. You just need to follow these easy instructions to get your eBook published and available to the widest audience.
Easy eBook Publishing leads you step-by-step through getting the software you need. I will step you through installing that software, formatting required so your masterpiece complies with the various requirements of the different eBooks formats, and finally transferring your work to the two major distributors of the eBook world (Amazon & Smashwords).
You may now use either Microsoft Word or Open Office with the Wrtier2ePub extension. I, and others mentioned above have found that the best tool to write your book is Word.
If you don't already own Microsoft Word then you will need to get it in order to follow this book.With the advent of the Writer3ePub extention for Open Office it is now easy to Freely Publish your work. So if you don't already own Microsoft Word please get it or install Open Office with the writer2ePub extention before you go any further.
You will also need the following freely available software:
• MobiPocket Creator; to build the files necessary for upload of your book to Amazon.
• Kindle for PC; to view your book on your home computer and allow yourself to make changes prior to uploading to Amazon.
• Kindle Previewer; to view exactly how you eBook will look if you don't own a kindle.
• A text editor. I prefer WinEdt but you can use WordPad or notepad.
• A screen capture program. I prefer Snagit, but you could use windows snipping tool.
• Adobe Digital Editions; to view your ePub formatted files. (Nook, iBooks, pdf's).
• Calibre, to translate your work between all the different formats.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Barney Schwartz
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Publier votre eBook, c'est facile! (French Edition) by Barney Schwartz|
• Book Review: Publicación fácil del eBook (Spanish Edition) by Barney Schwartz|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|