Book: Broken City by D.D. Chant
|4.3 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
D.D. Chantabout this book: Broken City is set in the near future and is told from the perspective of Deeta, a young woman who has never left the building she was born in. She longs to explore the ruined city just outside her tribe's compound, but the world beyond is a dangerous and savage place. Then the unthinkable happens and Deeta and her sister find themselves alone and unprotected out in the city.
Tom is Deeta's best friend, he's looked out for her since she was just a child and Deeta thinks she knows everything about him. But Tom is keeping secrets and when the truth comes out, Deeta finds herself wondering if she really knows Tom at all.
Set against a backdrop of tribal war, Broken City tells of one woman's struggle to find a future, in a desolate and broken world.
What readers say about Broken City:
• 'Broken City is one of those novels that immediately engages the reader and doesn't let go until the last page.'
— Diamond, Amazon.co.uk
• 'An insightful view into human nature, particularly within westernised societies. This book comes highly recommended.'
— Little Kate, Amazon.co.uk
• 'I am so glad I took a chance and read this. I truly was completely entertained by it and it kept me turning the pages as I got caught up in the dystopian world that Chant created.'
— kindlemom, Amazon.com
• 'This story is so unique, interesting and mysterious.'
— Tifferz, Amazon.com
• 'In the years to come if this novel isn't being assigned in schools alongside classics like "The Good Earth" and "To Kill A Mockingbird" I would have to question the literary competency of the educational system.'
— John Steiner, Goodreads.com
• 'Unlike most books of this genre, I actually found this almost believable and loved the unique storyline. There is something in it for everyone, be it action, mystery and even a little bit of romance. '
— Jessica, Goodreads.com
• 'Broken City has to be one of the most captivating dystopia books I have read this year. The beautiful way it was written had me from the moment I started reading and I just could not put it down.'
— Dani. C, Goodreads.com
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video 1: Broken City by D.D. Chant
Video 2: Broken Truce (Broken City, #2)
• Book Review: Lost World (Broken World Book 4) by Kate L. Mary|
• Book Review: Mad World (Broken World Book 3) by Kate L. Mary|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|