Book: Full Circle by Vera Alexander
|5 stars, 2 reviews on Amazon|
Vera Alexanderabout this book: The book is about 12 year old Bandile who lives with his extended family - His mother, father, aunt and uncle. He is a healthy normal boy who loves doing normal boy actities. He loves soccer and Michael Jackson and would love to be an entertainer. One day his life takes a cruel turn when he is involved in a drive by shooting while innocently playing with his friends.
He is faced with a hard road to follow - one that requires tremendous support from medical team, his family, friends and his new school. and he has to find places in his soul that he never knew existed. Has he enough character to make a success of the life he has now been given.
• "Normal life - Accident = Disadvantage
Disadvantage + Positive approach + Diligence + Cooperation = Dreams Realised"
• Vera Alexander has taken us on a boy's journey from the darkness of shattered dreams to the dawning of a new life, and has done so with ferocious tenderness, a refreshing lack of sentimentality.
— Manuela Cardiga (author of "Guilty Pleasures")
• An initial reaction that baby Bandile's life is destined to tragedy dissipates as soon as the colourful characters in the story are established, and it becomes apparent that he is part of a very loving family. This holds him in great stead when his life takes an unexpected turn.
— Elaine Duncan (reader)
• It's a thoroughly engrossing story, and a very good read. I simply loved Bandile. Thank you for the privilege of allowing me to read it.
— Heather Miller (teacher and reader)
• It is a book that knows no age limit. It will be enjoyed by teens and adults.
— Peter Turner (Photographer and reader)
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Vera Alexander
• Book Review: The Rock & Roll Queen of Bedlam by Marilee Brothers|
• Book Review: Full Circle by Linda Swift|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|