Book Review: Si la sfarsit a mai ramas cosmarul by Oliviu Craznic
|5 stars, 1 review|
Oliviu Craznicabout this book: Beautiful women... Mad vampires... Swords and daggers... Darkness, romance, violence, twists&turns in a medieval castle: the Devil is now awake.
A strange invitation brings doom for Arthur de Seragens, as all forces of evil seem to target his love interest - gorgeous Adrianna de Valois, the young and chaste(?) daughter of the Chief of Police. A wedding in a haunted castle, powerful guests, the Holy Inquisition, supernatural happenings and occult murders, passion, innocence, savagery... A vampire or a werewolf stalking the dark halls... Who will survive the ordeal? ... And what is the price to pay? ...
Based on Inquisition's archive and medieval chronicles
• ARTHUR DE SERAGENS - a fallen knight with a dark secret
• VICOMTE OF VINCENNES - hunter, logician, intrigue expert
• BARON VON WALTER "THE TRAVELER" - a wanderer and mysteries expert, the only person known to have survived after reading a treaty by Conrad Lorenz
• CONRAD LORENZ - lycanthrope, occultist, satanist, cannibal. Presumed dead. His works are still influencial in medieval Europe
• MARQUISE JOSEPHINE DE LAURAS - bride to be. A superficial, wealthy, beautiful and powerful woman.
• COUNTESS GIULIANNA SELLINI - a supposed lesbian, occultist, poisoner, necromancer.
• VALOIS-LACROSS - the rigid Chief of Police
• ALBERT DE GUY - ruthless Inquisitor
• ADRIANNA DE VALOIS - the supposedly innocent daughter of Lacross
• MARQUIS OF LAURAS-MONTALE - the former owner of the Castle of the Last Towers, dead in unknown and bizarre circumstances
• MAX SCHWARTZ - a groom nobody knows anythingh about
• HUGUET DE CASTLENOVE - a defrocked priest, skilled swordsman and assassin
• DUKE OF CHALAIS - violent, handsome, impetuos and choleric master of the land
GET THE TORCHES NOW AND STAY TOGETHER. DARKNESS IS RISING.
• PART I. THE STRANGE WEDDING OF A BEAUTIFUL MARQUISE
• PART II. THE CHILDREN OF THE PLAGUE
• PART III. SERVANTS OF THE FULL MOON
• PART IV. THE CROSS AND THE FIRE
• PART V. ALL THE DEMONS OF THY HELL
• PART VI. MAX SCHWARTZ IN THE BEGINNING
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Excellent vampire storyThere are only few good Romanian writers of fantasy and dark fantasy, and fewer of gothic and horror, and for that precise reason I was not sure what to expect from Oliviu Craznic's book. Yet I gave it a try, based on the positive reviews and on the fact he gained some awards which got my attention.
I didn't regret it for a minute. The book is one full of suspense, mystery, and have a lot of touch of Romanticism, which made me feel like I was reading a Byronesque version of Anne Rice or George R.R. Martin. It's for sure one of the better vampire stories I ever read, and I've read a lot. It's just breathtaking and tragic in every page, with great characters, sad, dark setting and elaborate, complex story.
I am really proud a Romanian wrote this novel. I would love a movie on it. It's surely, fully deserves an international exposure.
I keep my finger's crossed for an English version - this would help Romanian literature to take a seat at the International table of excellent books&stories. [by Adina Tatar]
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Whispers at the Wall (The Brande Legacy 2) by Alicia Hope|
• Book Review: The Devil You Know by Adrian Lilly|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|