Book: Creative Writing Career - Becoming a Writer of Movies, Video Games, and Books (Creative Mentor Book 1) by Justin Sloancategories: Book, Screenwriting, Video Game Writing, Writing Novels, Fiction Writing, Be a Writer, Career Development, Writing Full Time, Fulltime Writing, Publishing, Telltale Games, Authors, Published Author, Writer's Craft, Creative Writing
Justin Sloanabout this book: Your guide to positioning yourself for a career as a creative writer.
*** Now through Christmas 2014, 25% of profits go to help military veteran writing programs!***
Including author interviews with the following:
• Stephan Bugaj (Pixar and beyond)
• Anthony Burch (Borderlands 2)
• Joshua Rubin (Assassins Creed 2)
• Will Wight (the Traveler's Gate trilogy)
And many more!
• "What this book attempts and succeeds at doing is giving practical advice on how to harness a love for writing into a viable, paying career." — jmcclay3
• "Justin Sloan's informative book is a must read for anyone who wants to know how to become a paid working writer." — J Lee
Everyone wants to be a writer, and they want to know what they can do to make that dream come true. However, most aspiring writers do not understand how to position themselves so they are ready when presented with an opportunity. They identify themselves as writers but have no writing samples, or their websites and social media talk all about their paintings or music but say nothing of who they are as writers.
Based on a lifetime of struggling to make it as a creative writer, "Creative Writing Career: Becoming a Writer of Movies, Video Games, and Books" is a guide for aspiring writers to help them position themselves in an extremely competitive field. The book includes information on the writing process and ways to improve one's craft, but mostly focuses on how to get discovered and where to concentrate energy in the meantime. The content of the book is supplemented by writer interviews, featuring some incredibly gifted people who share the wisdom they have gained. With writing, as with most aspects of life, I have chosen to rely on those with demonstrated wisdom to move ahead. This book presents that wisdom for the reader to do the same.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Justin Sloan
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Writing Screenplays - A Creative Writing Career Excerpt (Creative Writing Career Excerpts Book 1) by ...|
• Book Review: Writing Vivid Settings - Professional Techniques for Fiction Authors (Writer's Craft Book 10) by Rayne Hall|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|