Book: The Case of the Fallen Hero (An Inspector David Graham Cozy Mystery Book 3) by Alison Goldencategories: Book, British Detective, Murder, Jersey, Crime, Small Town, Traditional Detectives, Male Protagonist, Agatha Christie, Poirot, Cozy Mystery
Alison Goldenabout this book: Readers often ask me where I get the ideas for the books. And the answer is very simple. Often it is my own life.
The unusual relationship between two sisters and the victim that lies at the heart of The Case of the Fallen Hero was inspired by the real life situation of a co-worker of mine many moons ago. Caused quite a ruckus in his family (but not hers) and was the subject of intense office gossip!
Grace, who I worked with on this book, is a professional musician and her experience, the weddings I've attended in graceful stately surroundings, and the castles I've visited over my lifetime, were the impetus for the subplot.
The Case of the Fallen Hero is about an historic castle; a beautiful wedding; a dead groom.
Former big city cop, Inspector David Graham, is now leading a small group of officers in the tiny coastal village of Gorey. One Sunday morning, as he walks around the imposing Orgueil castle, Graham's peaceful life comes to a shuddering halt when he finds a woman kneeling beside the body of a stricken man. As the woman's screams ring out, Graham is there to assist – and to start gathering clues. Was it suicide? An accident? Or something far more nefarious?
Questions lead to trails that send the team digging through the history of not only the affected families, but the castle itself where a quartet of talented musicians have seemingly vanished. Monolithic in size and secrets, Orgueil Castle may reveal answers in the strangest…. and deepest ways possible.
With one dead, four missing, and many long-buried family secrets, Inspector David Graham wonders if there is enough tea to see him through it all.
Praise for The Case of the Fallen Hero:
• "This is your best book so far."
• "You never fail to deliver fun, intrigue and interesting characters and I'm already looking forward to the next DI Graham novel."
• "I loved it."
• "I'm also looking forward to providing my review and to telling my friends and family to buy this delicious mystery."
• "I thoroughly enjoyed the new Inspector Graham book."
• "The characters continue to grow and we become more involved with all of them."
• "This series just gets better and better."
• "This is a great series. I am eager now for the next one and am already hooked from the excerpt."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Alison Golden (more)
• Book Review: The Case of the Screaming Beauty (An Inspector David Graham Cozy Mystery Book 1) by Alison Golden|
• Book Review: The Case of the Hidden Flame (An Inspector David Graham Cozy Mystery Book 2) by Alison Golden|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|