Book Review: West Bound Laine by Eleanor Russell Browncategories: Book, Hitchhiking Parents, Kidnapping, Human Spirit, Triumph, Survival, Violin, Tragedy, Insurmountable Odds, Stones, Education, Friendship, Courage
Eleanor Russell Brownabout this book: I was returning home from school when I witnessed a man and a woman with a child on the super highway. They were hitchhiking. The cover of my novel illustrates the scene. This really disturbed me and I could not stop thinking about it. Why were they on the road with a child? What were they thinking hitchhiking with a child!
When something disturbs me deeply, the best thing I can do is to write about it. Thus, the story was born. It took me months to put it together. Even after it was done, I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in the plot. There were scenes that were very difficult to write because they were so emotional and difficult to express with powerful words and actions.
My message to the reader has to do with overcoming obstacles. Hanna, the mother of Chenny experienced many of them, but she triumphed.
Here are some reviews.
• "A wonderful plot, well executed and colorful characters that were so interesting and different from the usual." — Ann P. Schorge
• "A story of personal courage and survival against seemingly insurmountable odds. The power of love and the triumph of the human spirit." — Fran and Joe S.
• "The main characters become real enough that the reader comes to care about them and their welfare, and, to root for a successful conclusion." — Quentin Dye
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Different and InterestingThe life of a hitchhiker is mysterious. No one knows under what circumstances they are hitching. The main characters in this book like their freedom, but at what cost? Read it and find out. Also, what child would be a hitchhiker, then grow up to be what she became?
• Book Review: From Tajikistan To The Moon - A Story Of Tragedy, Survival And Triumph Of The Human Spirit by Robert ...|
• Book Review: The Hooker's Daughter - A Boston Family's Saga by Dale Stanten|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|