Book: Angel's Blessing by Carol Marlene Smithcategories: Book, Bed and Breakfast, Nova Scotia, Abuse, Family, Children, Love, Misunderstandings, Golf, Sailing, Trust, Contemporary Romance
Carol Marlene Smithabout this book: Angel Walker was alone after divorcing her abusive husband, James. But in the summer of 1995 her life was about to change. Spending time alone in her home in Toronto with only the memories of her little students and a flower garden to look after, her summers were spent in solitude using her only great joy of swimming as a favourite activity.
Then came the call from Aunt May. Her poor aunt had fallen and broken her leg and was now in a bind trying to run her Bed and Breakfast. Angel flew to the rescue and that's when she met Jake. And this is where the love story begins.
I was told my many publishers that for romance they wanted a happy ending and a short sweet read without a lot of sex and harsh words. This inspired me to write Angel's Blessing. The cover was taken after the story was written with no intention on the part of the photographer to have it connected to the book. However, when I saw the picture, I just knew it depicted Angel's story.
What I learned from writing Angel's Blessing was a bit about sailing and how to play golf. I learned more about flowers and how to run a Bed and Breakfast. I must also tell you that years after writing Angel's Blessing, I did run a Bed and Breakfast and found it as satisfying and fun as it had been for Angel in her story.
You will love Aunt May. She's the kind of aunt that everyone needs to have. You will also find little Rachael fun and a joy to be around. Angel learns a lot and it's not everyday that a woman finds a man as patient, loving, kind and true as Jake Jordan.
I so loved the characters in Angel's Blessing that I wrote a sequel called Angel's Retreat with some of the same interesting and beloved characters as in the prequel.
• "This was a very enjoyable book to read. I am looking forward to reading more e-books by Carol Marlene Smith" 4 star.
• "It's nice to read a romance story without all the grit some times. This is that kind of story. I really like the characters." 5 star.
• "'Angel's Blessing' is what a romance should be--sweet, gentle, and with a happy ending. Angel and Jake's relationship is beset with misunderstandings, but it all ends happily for everyone." 4 star
• "Thumbs up,for some really terrific characters (Aunt May and her friends being a personal favorite) and for treating the story's romance with respect instead of allowing it to dissolve into something smarmy." 4 star
• Readers Favorite Review quote: "I really felt in tune with the characters especially Aunt May. There are always one or two characters that stand out in a book and for me it was her." 4 star
• "A wonderful story.I lived this book. A women who had a horrible first marriage and a man who wants to show her that not all marriages are bad" 5 star
• "An excellent read. I enjoyed this book very much." 5 star
• "Loved this story! I could hardly put it down!" 5 star
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Angel's Blessing by Carol Marlene Smith
• Book Review: Gabby, Angel of God by Greg Sandora|
• Book Review: 27 (Twenty-Seven) - Six Friends, One Year by R. J. Heald|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|