Book: Winds of Change (Look to the Future) by Mary Metcalfe
|4.3 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Mary Metcalfeabout this book: Change is part of life. How we navigate the changes in our lives determines the kind of life we lead. In Winds of Change, I explore the lives of four people. Jennifer Barrett and Lana Fitzpatrick were both widowed decades too early. Ben and Mark Powell are a father and son who haven't seen each other in over four years. As they each meet the others, new bonds are formed as the power of friendship and love transforms their lives.
I was inspired to write this novel after watching my daughter work on a literary nonfiction book. I saw all the hard work she put into researching and writing it, finding a publisher and then launching and promoting her book and realized I wanted to do the same thing. I've now written three full length novels in the past year and a half! Each one involved extensive research into the locales for each novel, including research on social and medical issues explored in the books. It's a ton of work but everyone who has read the novels has been touched in some way at a very personal level. And all are waiting for number four!
The books have now become part of my Look to the Future series. Books two and three are set in or near the fictional town of Laskin, Massachusetts. All my books include animals. I have three cats and a large dog and I just can't imagine life without my critters around.
• Clarion Review called the novel "a sparkling debut… readers will love being swept along by Winds of Change." (4 stars)
• Reviewer Sheri de Grom, a former buyer for Barnes&Noble wrote: "this beautifully written novel brings together four individuals living as islands unto themselves, reluctant to take the risks new relationships with family members and living life requires… Mary Metcalfe weaves an intricate story." (5 stars)
• Author Claire Middleton wrote: "I loved this book! ... it reminded me of Nora Roberts or Jodi Picoult. I could picture everything perfectly as the author described it." (5 stars)
• Author April Dawn wrote: "Winds of Change" by Mary Metcalfe reminded me of a Lifetime movie, and I mean that as a compliment. Those are my favorite types... would recommend it to fans of women's fiction, or just anyone who enjoys a moving, excellently written story. (5 stars)
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Mary Metcalfe
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video: Winds of Change by Mary Metcalfe
• Book Review: New Beginnings (Look to the Future) by Mary Metcalfe|
• Book Review: Road to Tomorrow (Look to the Future) by Mary Metcalfe|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|