Book: Rus in Urbe by James Lawless
|4.7 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
James Lawlessabout this book: I am a city guy with a rural heart. I was born and raised in Dublin and now divide my time between County Kildare and West Cork. That accounts for the division of the book in two halves,and the title, Rus in Urbe, award winning contemporary poems of country and city life. Some of these poem trace back to the Liberties of Dublin where I was born, others to the suburbs of Dublin and to Kildare and my beloved Royal Canal along whose bank I regularly walk, and to West Cork and the woods and mountains of Sheehy and Gougane Barra. A couple of the poems are set in Spain where I studied and someare written in Irish with my own translations.
• "A poetry collection that is strong in craftsmanship, sparse in words and rich in layers of meanings." — Ann Egan, poet.
• "Full of lyric grace and persuasive music." — Pat Boran, poet
• "Lawless has a lyric gift." — Colin Ryan, The Australian Journal of Irish Studies.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by James Lawless (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Wilde Riders (Old Town Country Romance) by Savannah Young|
• Book Review: Home Again by Donna B. McNicol|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|