Book: 27 (Twenty-Seven) - Six Friends, One Year by R. J. Heald
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
R. J. Healdabout this book: "27: Six Friends, One Year" tells the story of friends who reunite in London, aged 27. Each of them is jealous of the others' success, but underneath the surface, their lives are not as perfect as they seem.
The successful businessman fights addiction, whilst the woman planning her dream wedding chooses to ignore the signs that her husband might not be the man she imagined marrying.
"27" follows a year in the life of the friends, as they each battle their own demons. Will they have the courage to take the decisions to lead the lives they truly want to lead?
AWARDS AND PRIZES:
• R. J. Heald was a winner of the Next Big Author Competition in 2011 and short-listed for the Brit Writers Awards in 2010
• "27" was a Quarter-Finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award in 2012
• "This is a fantastic read for the summer holidays. A genuinely lovely warm surprising story. I loved the characters and felt part of their journey. Can highly recommend."
• "An enjoyable read for a generation who are obsessed with how others perceive them and who measure success in terms of job titles and relationship statuses."
• "27 is one of those books that you really want to finish so that you can find out what's happened but on the other hand, you want it to carry on so that you can stay with the characters that little bit longer!"
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Visit related websites:
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Clear As Day by Babette James|
• Book Review: Better Than Dessert (Dessert Dames) by Casey Clifford|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|