Book: The Book of Moon by George H. Crowdercategories: Book, Humorous Literary Fiction, Funny, Touching, Witty, Man Called Ove, Anne Patchett, Poignant, Hilarious, Emotional, Michael Chabon, Coming of Age
George H. Crowderabout this book: WHAT READERS ARE SAYING:
• "[The Book of Moon] takes turns being poignant, funny, sentimental, but it always has you in a strong grip with its multi-dimensional characters and the author's craftsmanship with words. While the main character of the story is a teenage boy, his narrative will speak to many whose teenage years are well behind them."
• "An emotional adventure with a heartwarming conclusion."
• "…smartly written, with a distinctively wry narrative style and a host of memorable characters."
• "This sweet and funny coming-of-age story is a great read for teen and adult readers--both male and female."
• "A gem of a book that tugs at the heart!"
• "15-year-old Moon Landing relates to the biblical story of Job. God, if there is one, seems to be inflicting him with one misfortune after another—and Moon's troubles make a really good story."
• "I cannot tell you-- well, I will try!-- how much I enjoyed this book, and the author's delicious sense of humour. The wordsmithing is something of great beauty."
• "A wildly original portrait of a young Californian with the unlikely name of Moon Landing struggling to come to terms with everything life throws at him: his parents' divorce; his suddenly liberated mother's adventures with younger men; Moon and his older brother discovering girls and exploring the palette of California religions."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Team Moon - How 400,000 People Landed Apollo 11 on the Moon by Catherine Thimmesh|
• Book Review: Moon Wreck (The Slaver Wars Book One) by Raymond L. Weil|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.