Book: Total Freedom by Ann M. Pratleycategories: Book, Romance, Love Triangle, Friendship, Women's Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Love, Marriage, Dating, Music, Coming of Age
Ann M. Pratleyabout this book: Total Freedom covers a span of time for the main character, Debbie, from when she is 14. Her story begins when she is in high school and has been receiving a pummelling of verbal abuse and put-downs from her parents. Her lack of self-esteem contributes to her being a bit of a social outcast, but in time she meets someone in a similar position. A friendship grows that goes on to become entwined in the two of them growing a musical career together.
But while their friendship continues to grow, and at times is questioned about whether they should indeed be just friends, Debbie meets another man who begins his pursuit of her. A love triangle eventuates and the story moves through the years as all three of these characters grow, mature and discover things about themselves and each other.
This story encompasses many aspects of growing up and moving into adulthood. But it also goes on and covers very adult issues as well as marriage and children are brought into it.
Some reviews for this book:
• "The overall story was great and hooked me right in. I had to stay with them for the entire journey."
• "Liked how the character started off with the lower end of maturity in the writing about her as a 14 year old, and as the character ages, so does the writing and language. It is a unique blend of almost 'aging' that has been done not only about the character, but in the use of English as well. Covers many aspects of growing up, and I would say that if you start it and you find it 'young' at the start, stick with it and see it through to the end because you will find the development and evolving of the characters interesting"
• "Covered a lot of different things that can happen as we grow and was appealing for that reason. Good questioning about whether friends of opposite sex should be friends, lovers or more"
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Ann M. Pratley (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Total New Beginnings (Total Freedom Series Book 2) by Ann M. Pratley|
• Book Review: Friendship of Desire (Painful Deliverance Book 3) by Ann M. Pratley|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|