Book: Maven Fairy Godmother - Through the Veil by Charlotte Henley Babbcategories: Book, Fractured Fairy Tale, Fairy Godmother, Hen Lit, Women's Fiction, Fantasy Humor, Wishes, Trolls, Twilight Lounge, Princess, Dragon, Fairy Magic, Comic Fantasy
Charlotte Henley Babbabout this book: Maven's new dream job--fairy godmother--presents more problems than she expects when she learns that Faery is on the verge of collapse, and the person who is training her isn't giving her the facts--and may be out to kill her. Will she be able to make all the fractured fairy tales fit together into a happy ending, or will she be eaten by a troll?
• What inspired you to write this book?
One day, I said to a friend that I felt like a fairy godmother with a classroom full of frogs that needed me to turn them into princes and princesses, but I didn't have the right kind of wand. I've always liked fractured fairy tales, so I decided to write them.
• Who are the primary readers for your book?
My readers are women "of a certain age" or of a certain mindset that goes beyond the limits traditionally ascribed to women. My readers are experienced, savvy women who have gone past more than a few bumps on the highway of life.
• How did you come up with the title?
The character came to me when I was playing a game on a local bulletin board, before the internet. She came all in one piece, and we've been BFF ever since.
• Why did you choose this cover?
C.K. Volnek is the designer of this cover. She is an excellent with a clear idea of what makes a book cover enticing.
• What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Everyone has to learn how to write a novel, and this is my second. It took me a long time to get this one done, and I have some long stretches that will eventually be books two and three.
• Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned that I needed to make an outline and keep to a writing schedule.
• Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
No one is ever too old to make a wish or to make it come true. Believe in yourself, and know that what you want, wants you.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
• Book Review: Modern Fairy Tales for the Fairy Tale Jaded - Volume 1 by Suzanne Struthers|
• Book Review: The Unlikely Heroine - Book II (Cinderella Series) by Kae Elle Wheeler|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|