Book: Swept Away - A Fairwilde Reflection Regency Fairy Tale by Vanessa Riley
|4 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Vanessa Rileyabout this book: Charlotte Downing, the Duchess of Charming, wants what she wants. Today, it's a fine pair of lacy slippers crafted by the renowned Ella's Establishment. To be picture perfect for her presentation to the queen, Charlotte will survive crashed ceilings and falling bricks. Yet, has she met her match in the conservative merchant, whose autumn-colored eyes make her pulse race, especially when he says no?
Caught between the glittering world of the ton and the respectable profession of selling shoes, Edwin Cinder can't understand the lady's persistence or the fire lighting her blue eyes when she's challenged. With his lack of pedigree, there's no chance for this common God-fearing man to win her hand, but he'll risk all to save the duchess from the ravages of a London gale.
Trapped beneath the collapsed walls of Fairwilde, will hearts change and opposites work together to survive? Swept Away is a Regency retelling of Cinderella with a twist.
This book is for the romance lovers at heart. It's a sweet read. If Jane Austen read fair tales, I think she would approve of Swept Away.
What are readers saying:
• "One of the best fairy tale re-telling EVER! LOVE LOVE LOVE all the twists on the Cinderella tale. Well written plot and characters. The only thing I could say bad is that it had to end. Highly recommend this author!"
• "Swept Away by Vanessa Riley is a heartwarming story of an 1800's Cinderella in reverse. The writing skills of Vanessa make it feel like you are right there in the story with the two characters, Charlotte and Edwin. This book is suitable for any age or gender who enjoy a charming fairy tale. Once I started reading the book, it was difficult to put down. It is a quick read. Take an afternoon and allow yourself to be swept away back to another place in time where fairy tales do exist!"
• "If you are looking for a quick and engaging read then this is for you. A retelling of Cinderella with a twist that includes faith. I read this in one sitting, as I had to see what transpired between Charlotte and Edwin. It sweeps you away into the Regency Era and you don't want it to end."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Swept Away - A Fairwilde Reflection Regency Fairy Tale by Vanessa Riley
• Book Review: Her Grace in Disgrace (The Widows of Woburn Place) by Claudia Harbaugh|
• Book Review: The Wronged Princess - Book I (Cinderella Series) by Kae Elle Wheeler|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|