Book: A Majority of One by Robert Lamb
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Robert Lambabout this book: It is about a clash between religion and the Constitution over book censorship in a small Southern town's school classrooms.
• What inspired you to write this book?
Admiration for the courage of the one against the many (when the one is right.)
• Who are the primary readers of your book?
They are not the kind of reader who's looking for another vampire story or bodice-ripper, that's for sure, but an open mind is appreciated.
• How long did it take to write it?
-It took about 18 months to write.
• How did you come up with the title?
The title, a quote from Thoreau, was a natural at the outset. The title graphically represents the idea in Thoreau's famous quotation: "A man more right than his neighbors is a majority of one already."
• What was the hardest part of writing your book?
There was no hard part. Couldn't wait to get to it each day.
• Did you do research for your book? What did that involve?
Research involved a study of the law. I actually went to law school for a year and a half to learn all I needed to write a legal wrangle and courtroom battle.
• Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I always learn from writing the kinds of scenes I've never written before.
• What do you want to say to your readers?
God bless them all.
• 'I loved the book on so many levels: the initial premise, the way he developed it, the conversations the characters had, the literary references, the legal arguments, the surprise ending. I loved it and can't wait for his next one!'
— Amy Matthews, a reader, Atlanta.
• 'I read a really good book you've never heard of: A Majority of One, by Robert Lamb. It reminded me of another good southern story, To Kill a Mockingbird.'
— Lance Strattner, author, The Geek Assassin.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Robert Lamb
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Ten-Gallon Tensions in Texas - A Kate on Vacation Mystery (The Kate on Vacation Mysteries Book 3) by ...|
• Book Review: What Foreigners Need To Know About America From A To Z by Lance Johnson|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|