Book: If Love is a Crime - A Christmas Story by Mark W. Sassecategories: Book, Short Story, Holiday, Slavery, Underground Railroad, Christmas
Mark W. Sasseabout this book: No one, not even a slave, can look down upon themselves when staring into the face of love.
The kind-hearted, but strong-willed Beatrice finds a runaway slave, shivering in the cold in front of her cabin in the woods. The desperate, young girl is looking for shelter and food, but Beatrice has much more than that to offer.
In "If Love is a Crime: A Christmas Story," the power and magic of Christmas is displayed in vivid terms. It's a story of love and protection that is sure to stir the emotional embers of love and compassion prevalent during the most wonderful time of the year.
• "Are you looking for a quick holiday read to put you in the spirit of Christmas? This story will reaffirm your belief that as long as there is love anything can be overcome." — Colleen Cheseboro, Book Reviewer
• "If Love is a Crime is a must read and will be greatly enjoyed by everyone." — NJKinny.blogspot
• "Something you want to read with a cup of tea in hand, sitting by a roaring fire." — HanoiBelle
From the Author: "If Love is a Crime" was inspired by a short play I had written by the same name. My drama group, The Road Less Traveled Players, performed it to rave reviews in November 2014. Once finished, I toyed with the idea to rework it as a Christmas short story. After a diligent week of worth, I was very pleased with the result. It's a beautiful and emotional picture of the true meaning of Christmas.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Mark W. Sasse
• Book Review: Everything She Wanted by Jacqueline Winslow|
• Book Review: A Christmas Carol - Revisited by Phil Rowlands|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|