Book: Always With You by Elaine Stockcategories: Book, Contemporary Fiction, Psychological Suspense, Family Drama, Young Adult, Cults, White Supremacy, Christian Fiction
Elaine Stockabout this book: Always With You is a story of Isabelle, a young woman who is desperate to find love and faith. This search leads her to Tyler and to make certain choices that—right or wrong—alienate her from her family and will greatly impact not only her immediate future but also her long-range future. Set against the backdrop for the Adirondacks and Vermont, it's a story of hope and love in the face of evil. Or, as the suspense author Ace Collins endorses on the book jacket: "Two people seduced by evil disguised as good." But here's the thing—out of loneliness and desperation, any one of us can latch onto the first seemingly good thing that comes along. I hope this story makes others think twice about their action and responsibilities to loved ones.
The story brewed slowly when I attended a writing workshop in Saratoga, NY during the horseracing season. We were each given a horse's name and asked to create a story premise based upon the name. Horses have long names! Mine was Don't-Tell-Isabelle, which became my working title. Right away I wanted to know what was kept from Isabelle, and why, and who were keeping secrets from her. Don't-Tell-Isabelle became the novel's original title.
Then, 9-11 struck and changed the world forever and ever. My writing changed as well. I needed to explore one of my passions from as long back as possible: why people hate each other.
I'm thrilled and honored to share that adult reviewers of Always With You have commented that in addition to enjoying this novel that they hope teens and young adults will read Isabelle and Tyler's story as well.
• "Always With You is a novel that is hard to put down and even harder to forget. Elaine Stock addresses difficult issues that all too often entrap young adults."
• "The book is a must read, which delves into the secret world of hate groups. I really thought the author wrote a very emotional story that could draw kids in just by making them believe."
• "I loved how the author showed readers that there is hope, forgiveness, and above all a loving God that loves us unconditionally."
• "This is the best book I have read in some time… This is the story of young love, family secrets, survival and forgiveness."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Video: Always With You by Elaine Stock
• Book Review: Her Past's Present by Michael Poeltl|
• Book Review: White Supremacy - Dark Legacy by Allen Pollens|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|