Book: Cage Life by Karin Coxcategories: Book, Motherhood, Drugs, Tragedy, Short Stories, Literary Fiction, Twist Endings, Children, Family, Elder Abuse, Love Affairs, Adultery, OCD, Choices and Compromises in Life and Love
Karin Coxabout this book: How much do we expect of others? How much do we expect from ourselves? Cage Life is a book of two rather dark short stories that both deal with the subject of love, longing, and gratitude. In the first, a young woman struggles with the changes motherhood has wrought on her relationship until a moment of hedonistic liberation forces her to assess the truly important things in her life.
In the second story, The Usurper, Basil is in his eighties when he falls in love with a much younger mistress. But is she playing him false or is he deluding himself?
With over 20 reviews and a four and a half star rating, people have been saying:
• "I loved this one so much I went back and read it again."
• "It's not often that a modern writer, writing contemporary fiction, writes so beautifully. This is the kind of book a person can read and later read again."
• "Ms. Cox not only knows how to communicate a story well, the writes with skill. Her characters are easy to identify with. The narration is good and very smooth."
• "Cox draws convincing word pictures in both stories, from the desolation of human hearts, to the drenching humidity of a summer night. Readers who like their fiction dark and lyrical will likely enjoy this book."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Karin Cox
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Snapshots - A Collection of Short Stories by Natalie Herzer|
• Book Review: Journey from Addiction to Freedom by Marjorie Eldred|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|