Book: Zam Zoodle Oop Boop Soup! (and Other Children's Rhymes) by J. Kaylin
|4.3 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
J. Kaylinabout this book: "Kept them so entertained that we read it twice a night at least twice a week. They ask for it constantly!"
Within the pages of "Zam Zoodle Oop Boop Soup!"book, I hope that you will find that there is indeed a little sense in non-sense as there is also a little non-sense in sense. In the pages of this book, you and your child will find some strange creatures, word plays, limericks and puns, a few made-up words, a tongue twister, a parody or two, some encouraging self-awareness and self-discernments, and several things hopefully of some literary and linguistic value. Mostly, I tried to write a book that will bring a little laughter and some common insights into the heart of you and your child.
I wrote "Zam Zoodle Oop Boop Soup!" for children ages 3 through 8. I believe this is an age when children are most impressionable and are still immensely intrigued with reading. Furthermore, I hope this book will appeal equally to those of all ages as did my previous book, "A Yellow Jellow, What Did You Say?"
To conclude, I trust you and your child will find, at the very least, some fun in reading "Zam Zoodle Oop Boop Soup!". At the very most, I hope you and your child will find within these pages some humor in truth and some truth wrapped in humor.
I will leave both of you now to decide whether you will want to find out more by reading what is contained in these following pages of "Zam Zoodle Oop Boop Soup!", and I will end this introduction with this quote by Max Beerbohm, "Humor must have its background in seriousness. Without this contrast there comes none of that incongruity which is the mainspring of laughter.", (d.1956), "A. Conspectus of G.S.B."
Amazon.com Review Quotes:
• "Unlike a lot of childern's books, this one is chock full of content and will be fresh for multiple sittings, especally with younger children."
• "Fun poems to read for children grades K-3rd when genre, rhyme, and allerteration is introduced in school. Full of attention grabbing "stuff" that kids can find silly, yet entertaining."
• "Grandaughter thoroughly enjoying this as I review. Had to close the Kindle and send her to bed last night as she didn't want to stop reading it."
• "Zam Zoodle Oop Boop Soup is not simply a children's book. It is a book for anybody who dares to imagine. For anybody who has spoken out loud, marveling at the naunce of human language; for anybody who has laughed and joked and relished the infinite possibilities of our world, and the worlds we create."
• "Just a warning, if you read this out loud, it is a big tongue twister. But kid enjoy a good laugh at their elders."
• "This is a great book to take turns reading with young readers. Lots of nonsense words that teach them to sound words out. The stories are fun to read and some will have you laughing all the way through."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by J. Kaylin
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: A Yellow Jellow, What Did You Say? by J. Kaylin|
• Book Review: Little Monsters Have Feelings Too! by Kally Mayer|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|