Book: A Yellow Jellow, What Did You Say? by J. Kaylin
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
J. Kaylinabout this book: Why over the years this simple little book has had such a unique appeal to children and to others as well, I do not know. When this book with its original title, "A Yellow Jellow, What . . .?" went on sale for the first time, I got a phone call from a woman about my book and the effect it was having on her son. She stated that her child loved books; however, he would not read them for himself. Although he certainly could read well enough, he just had to have someone read his books to him; she couldn't get him to just sit alone with a book and just read it by himself. Her main reason to call me, she said, was to tell me about this peculiar positive effect my book was having on her child, and she thought it important that I should know something about my book, which seemed to set it apart from her son's other books.
"A Yellow Jellow, What . . .?" in particular, she said, was the first book that after she had read just the first few pages to her son, her son then insisted on reading the rest for himself. This really surprised her, she told me, because up to that point her son had shown no interest in wanting to read any book by himself. And she added, that wasn't the only thing that surprised her, her son also wouldn't let anyone else near the book until he was finished reading it. And although she couldn't explain why my book was having this positive effect on her son, she hoped that it would somehow help him to feel more comfortable about reading other books all on his own, and for that, she was also calling to thank me.
Amazon Review Quotes:
• "J.Kaylin's book reminds me so much of Silverstein's work, it's easy to see why others are also drawing the comparison. In one poem he gently urges the reader to be thankful for what they have and moments later he's making you giggle at mental pictures of body parts in silly places."
• "These are some of the best illustrations I've ever seen in a children's book, and I've seen a lot of children's books! It is easy to visualize the poems because J.Kaylin is an artist who paints with words."
• "This is a fun book for children and adults alike. It might even get children really interested in reading or creating their own verses. And the price can't be beat."
• "I thought the book was very creative & illustrated a lot of different & unique perspectives to what could be in a Child's imagination. I thought the Title was very catchy & fun. I liked how it's similar to Dr. Suess, and I also think it's a great value."
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by J. Kaylin
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Zam Zoodle Oop Boop Soup! (and Other Children's Rhymes) by J. Kaylin|
• Book Review: Stop Snoring Grandpa! by Kally Mayer|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|