Book: Fearne Fairy and the Chocolate Caterpillar - Book 9 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hillcategories: Book, Fairies, Woodland, Nature, Animals, Fairy Tales, Proverbs, Pixies, Early Readers, Bugs, Chocolate, Children's Fiction
Sarah Hillabout this book: 'Fearne Fairy And The Chocolate Caterpillar' is the 9th enchanting instalment from Sarah Hill's award-winning Whimsy Wood Series for 5-8 year olds. There are 35 books in all within this nature-related series and these are divided into 5 sets of 7 books. The first 7 books are all about 'Posie Pixie's' escapades in 'Whimsy Wood', while the second set of 7 books follow 'Fearne Fairy's' exciting adventures. Each book is written for a certain month in the calendar, so the flora and fauna change as you read through the series.
In this particular wonderfully whimsical and heart-warming story, the month of April has arrived in Whimsy Wood and Fearne Fairy's about to make a new friend! Not only that, but this new charming character gets himself in a sticky situation and luckily, Fearne comes to his rescue. You'll get to meet 'Mrs Scarlet the squirrel', 'Dewberry Dragonfly' and 'Bristle Bumblebee', but I couldn't possibly tell you who Fearne's new friend is, or how she rescues him. You'll just have to read 'Fearne Fairy And The Chocolate Caterpillar' for yourself!
Here are a few reviews of 'Fearne Fairy And The Chocolate Caterpillar' to intrigue you further!
• "I loved it. It was a really charming book." — Bo Griffiths, 8 years.
• "I loved Mustard! His little legs kicking about covered in chocolate was very funny!" — Sadie Gregory, 6 years.
• "Sarah Hill brings Fearne Fairy and the Whimsy Wood folk to life, in a way that children will relate to. The alliteration and onomatopoeia, combined with an uplifting and heart-warming story, make this a joy to read." — Gemma Hodgson, English Co-ordinator at Wyberton Primary School, Wyberton, Lincolnshire.
• "I like the animals in this book as they make me laugh, especially when they say, 'C-c-crunching c-c-cucumbers!' " — Annie Watts, 6 years.
• "I loved this book! It's great that Fearne is different to other fairies and her awful singing made me laugh!" — Martha Barber, 7 years.
• "The Whimsy Wood folk are timeless characters in the fashion of Potter, Milne and White. In time, The Whimsy Wood Series is likely to find its place in the lexicon of classic children's literature." — Readers' Favourite, U.S.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Sarah Hill (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Fearne Fairy and the Dandelion Clocks - Book 8 in the Whimsy Wood Series (Paperback) by Sarah Hill|
• Book Review: Posie Pixie and the Torn Tunic - Book 3 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hill|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|