Book Review: The Serpent in the Glass (The Tale of Thomas Farrell) by D.M. Andrews
|5 stars, 1 review|
D.M. Andrewsabout this book: This is a book about an eleven-year-old boy who has no idea who his parents were. As the story continues, he finds out more about them, and more about himself. Myth and magic permeate the storyline as it reaches its final ferocious and moving scene...
The Serpent in the Glass was initially inspired by the legends of Avebury in Wiltshire, England. It is also influenced by the author's love of Irish and British myths and legends.
The book is aimed at the 9-12 age group, but is written so that all ages can enjoy it.
• "Characters, plot and pace - spot-on! Enjoyed the wonderful description. Definitely recommend this book for young and old!" — Ngaire Elder, author
• "Andrews has written a delightful tale that is well-told." — Donald B. Anderson, author
• "This would make a great movie...I will recommend this book to old and young alike." — Cathy H.
• "The world building was fantastic." — Kathryn Hogan
• "Finely drawn characters, wonderful atmosphere and a compelling plot." — Pop Bop
• "This was a very good book. I loved the storyline." — Patricia Williams
• "If you liked the Harry Potter stories, you will enjoy this tale." — Maggie Fischer
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Highly recommended whatever your age (I am 54)I was recommended to read this book by a friend and I am glad that I listened to her. I thought at first it would be a poor Harry Potter imitation; it is not, it is original and difficult to put down. I read it in one sitting. I found it very interesting and I eagerly await the next in the series. I do hope that there will be one soon.
Video: The Serpent in the Glass by D.M. Andrews
• Book Review: To Gnome Me Is To Love Me - The Goblin's Apprentice by M. A. Golla|
• Book Review: The Tale of Time Warp Tuesday - The second of The Zephram Tales by Leslie A. Susskind|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|