Book: Posie Pixie and the Copper Kettle - Book 1 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hill
|4.7 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Sarah Hillabout this book: 'Posie Pixie And The Copper Kettle' is the 1st of 35 books in my 'Whimsy Wood' children's series for 5-8 year olds. The quirky characters, plots and storylines appeared in my head, all by their little selves, in the summer of 2011. 'Posie' is quite a persistent and loveable creature, so I had no choice but to put pen to paper and start writing!
The stories evolved as the months went by and I started submitting my work to literary agents and publishers. By January 2013, I received the joyous news that Abela Publishing wanted to publish my series and I had my very own prized 'author's contract'! Woohoo!!
'Posie Pixie And The Copper Kettle' was published on the 8th of July 2013 and like all the other books in my series, it is based within the enchanting 'Whimsy Wood'. Each book is written for a specific month in the calendar, so the flora and fauna change as you read through the series. This particular book is written for the month of August and 'Posie' is in search of a new home for the Autumn. "Will she find one? What will it be?" I hear you ask ... well you'll just have to read it and find out!!
Each book also has a proverb hidden within it for the reader to find, giving the stories real meaning. The proverb in 'Posie Pixie And The Copper Kettle' is 'one good turn deserves another'. I love reading stories and fables that have hidden meanings, which is why I am guessing my subconscious saw it fit to include the proverbs in my stories!
Finally, because of the connection my children's series has to woodland and nature and my lifelong love of animals, we have chosen to support The Wildlife Trusts by donating 10% of sales to this wonderful charity.
Please see the reviews below for 'Posie Pixie And The Copper Kettle'
• "As a teacher, this book is a perfect way to get a class of 7 year olds' imagination going! There are so many opportunities for extended thinking and description. The children really loved the characters and felt that they were their new friends. I am really looking forward to collecting the series. A wonderful resource." — Miss L. Wilcox Yr 2 Teacher and Literacy Leader
• "What a wonderfully vivid imagination this author has. My nephew keeps asking me to re read this lovely book to him time & time again. I'm now buying for my friends kids. Can't wait for the next instalment. Lovely pictures too" — Miss DE Singleton
• "I bought this as a bedtime read for my 5 year old daughter. It captured her interest immediately and she was enthusiastic to keep on reading this to me. We are looking forward to reading the next adventure!" — Helen
• "My 6 year old son and I have just read this together. He has never sat so quietly, listening intently! Plenty of adjectives to entertain and you can have a go at an Irish accent! He loved the illustrations. You're left wanting to know what the next adventure will be. Now we're waiting for the next book to come out!" — Mrs. Rutland
• "Love this book, so easy to read and very different to anything else I've come across! Look forward to the next one in October!" — Mrs. A Pike
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Sarah Hill (more)
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
Video: Sarah reading Posie Pixie and the Copper Kettle
• Book Review: Posie Pixie and the Torn Tunic - Book 3 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hill|
• Book Review: Posie Pixie and the Christmas Tree - Book 5 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hill|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|