Book: Sullie Saves The Seas - A Story Coloring Book by Goffinet McLaren
|5 stars based on the 3 most helpful Amazon reviews|
Goffinet McLarenabout this book: Children deserve to grow up with oceans free of plastic pollution and a decline in marine life.
Sullie Seagull has solutions.
After retiring to live at the beach in SC, I became distraught by the thoughtless human behavior that had descended on our beaches. After a few weeks of constantly picking up plastic litter, and talking to people who were deaf to the enormity of the problem, I had to find a better way to communicate with a larger audience. I felt compelled to take stronger action in a fun way in order to make a difference.
My first thought was that I would personally have to patrol the beach 24/7 before I realized that seagulls lolled on our beaches most of the day. And who better to capture the imagination and hearts of children than a savvy old seagull with a black ring around his right eye?
The basic story illustrates to oblivious humans how their careless littering behavior can have devastating consequences to shore birds and all marine life. Sullie, who is a prankster at heart, enjoys planning naughty activities which resonate with humans to help them understand the error of their ways.
Sullie could and is used in schools around the world to increase student awareness about the problems of plastic litter on our beaches and in our oceans. The children love and learn from the fables. Many children have written to me saying that Sullie was the best book that they had ever read and laughed from start to finish.
The book is most suitable for children in Grades 2-6, although older students, parents and grandparents also laugh with, learn from and love Sullie Seagull.
There appears to be two versions of your book outline: a storybook and a storybook with pictures that children can color. Why are there two versions of the story?
The original version of Sullie's story became so popular that I decided to expand the appeal of Sullie's pranks, by including coloring options to help reinforce his message.
Some comments from world-wide readers of Sullie`s adventures include:
• "Sullie ought to be mandatory reading for every child in every elementary school in America" — Anne H. (USA)
• "My daughter was mesmerised by Sullie" — Gillian H. (England.)
• "For an hour I actually became a bird, helping Sullie with the plastic problem." — Anne W. (USA)
• "Spread your wings Sullie, soar far and wide, and may your message be heard." — Elizabeth B. (Australia)
• "This compelling story conveys a powerful message that teaches both adults and children an important lesson." — Lou R. (Ireland)
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other book by Goffinet McLaren
▾ reviews voted most helpful on amazon.com ▾
• Book Review: Tom - A Life Saved ~ Lives Lost! by Goffinet McLaren|
• Book Review: Introvert Dreams - A Coloring Book Journey by Andre Sólo|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|