Book: Posie Pixie and the Torn Tunic - Book 3 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hillcategories: Book, Pixies, Whimsy Wood, Nature, Fairies, Woodland, Proverbs, October, Animals, Flora and Fauna, Fairy Tales, Children's Book
Sarah Hillabout this book: 'Posie Pixie And The Torn Tunic' is the 3rd book in Sarah Hill's enchanting 35-book 'Whimsy Wood' series for 5-8 year olds. Every wonderfully descriptive book is written for a specific month in the calendar, so the flora and fauna within this magical wood, changes as you read through the series. 'Posie Pixie And The Torn Tunic' is written for the marvellous month of October, so it's brimming with blackberries, beech nuts and all things autumnal!
You'll meet some naughty ants, Raspberry Rabbit and Mrs Spottisdowne the sparrow, along with Posie Pixie and her best friend Wibble Woodlouse of course! If you're looking for a delightful autumn children's book, filled with fun, friendship and nature, then this is it!
To tempt you even more, here is an extract from this wonderfully whimsical book! :-
... "Wow, Wibble!" said Posie Pixie to Wibble Woodlouse, as they wandered through Whimsy Wood one damp October afternoon. "There's heaps of scrummy blackberries over there!" Posie said excitedly, whilst pointing to some blackberry bushes that she'd spotted by the woodland's edge.
"Squeak, squeak, squeak-squeak," replied Wibble, as she scuttled and rustled through the colourful autumn leaves. ...
Finally, here are some reviews for 'Posie Pixie And The Torn Tunic':
• "Think of the best bits from Enid Blyton's fantastical stories for very young children." — Chopsy-Baby, UK online parenting magazine.
• "I love the Posie Pixie books! I really like reading about the nature in the forest and the colours that you can find there." — Freddie Lea aged 6 yrs.
• "This engaging tale of the Whimsy Wood folk and their merry antics, will enchant children and transport them into the world of make-believe!" — Mrs Carol Clough, Headteacher at Crockerton and Heytesbury Primary Schools, Wiltshire.
preview: read a sample from this book
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Sarah Hill (more)
• Book Review: Posie Pixie and the Christmas Tree - Book 5 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hill|
• Book Review: Posie Pixie and the Pancakes - Book 7 in the Whimsy Wood series by Sarah Hill|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|