Book: Posie Pixie and the Pancakes - Book 7 in the Whimsy Wood series by Sarah Hillcategories: Book, Woodland, Pancakes, Pixies, Fairy Tales, Nature, Flora, Fauna, Proverbs, Early Reader, Animals, Fairies, Maps, Children's Book
Sarah Hillabout this book: 'Posie Pixie And The Pancakes' by Sarah Hill, is the 7th book in the multi-award-winning 'Whimsy Wood' children's series for 5-8 year olds. This is also the last story from the 1st set in this wondrous 35-book series. Every book is written for a specific month in the calendar, so the flora and fauna change as you read through the series. There's also a proverb tucked away within every story for the reader to find, giving the stories real meaning. Finally, there's a map of 'Whimsy Wood' at the back of each book for the child to complete, using their imagination and what they've learnt about in the story.
The month of the year that 'Posie Pixie And The Pancakes' is written for, is of course February. Posie learns about making pancakes and we learn about the joyous things that are out and about in 'Whimsy Wood' at this time of year. 'Wibble Woodlouse', Posie's best friend, features in this 7th enchanting instalment, along with 'Mrs Scarlet the squirrel', 'Bromley Badger', 'Mr Bilberry the blackbird' and a new character, 'Dr Tussle the tawny owl'.
'Posie Pixie has already been on so many amazing adventures in 'Whimsy Wood' in the previous 6 books. She's hunted for a new home for the Autumn, held a fireworks party and had her plans scuppered by a sudden snowstorm! What could she possibly get up to in book 7, 'Posie Pixie And The Pancakes'? Well, this latest instalment is just as jam-packed with fun, frivolities, nature and necessary whimsy, as the previous delightful books, so you certainly won't be disappointed! But I really couldn't tell you anymore, or it will spoil the story. You'll just have to read this brilliant book for yourself!
• "I loved reading this book so much, that I've been making pixie costumes from leaves and putting them out for the pixies!" — Amelie Bonner, aged 7 yrs.
• "I love 'Posie Pixie' and all her yummy pancakes! I really liked it when 'Bromley Badger' dropped his party-poppers!" — Freddie Hues, aged 4 yrs.
• "This is a really fun story! I loved all the character names, especially 'Mrs Scarlet the squirrel'!" — Erin Steel, aged 7 yrs.
• " ... With humour and wonderfully descriptive language, you feel part of Posie's adventure and the characters become your friends. What a great way to inspire children to read, by introducing them to this fantastic series of books!" — Mrs Teri Brown, Literacy Leader, Staniland Academy, Boston, Lincolnshire, UK.
what to read next: if you read and liked this book...
Other books by Sarah Hill (more)
• Book Review: Posie Pixie and the Torn Tunic - Book 3 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hill|
• Book Review: Posie Pixie and the Christmas Tree - Book 5 in the Whimsy Wood Series by Sarah Hill|
|show list of all published reviews | subscribe to the feed|
|Home | Contact | Legal Notice | Impressum||Book Promotion | Do you like askDavid.com? | Boost Your Karma|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.